Melissa Amster, one of my very favourite bloggers, has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award (Thank-you Melissa!). The rules are as follows:
1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself by answering the nominating blogger's questions.
3) Nominate 11 more bloggers and ask them 11 random questions.
So here goes!
1. Which TV show just needs to be cancelled already?
Is Law and Order cancelled yet? I honestly don't have a good answer for this question- I figure you should watch whatever makes you happy! You know what, though? I miss "Friends". It ended too soon for me!
2. What is your favourite 80's song?
I used to sing "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany in my bedroom along with my radio. I didn't ever have a person in mind that I was singing to, but man, did I sing passionately! LOL!!
3. What is something that never fails to make you laugh?
It's a person! My husband and I have watched Chris D'Elia's Netflix special "Incorrigible" many, many times now, and it never fails to make me laugh uncontrollably! In addition to this, my dog Kevin makes me laugh daily. He's hilarious! He does the silliest things!
4. How long could you go without Social Media access?
Sadly, I'm a social media addict. I think I could go about 24 hours without access....maybe.
5. If you were to do a TED talk, what would it be about?
What a fantastic question! I'm not there yet, but in the future I would love to do a TED talk about loving oneself despite a low self-esteem. I was bullied as a child and am still trying to overcome the effects in my 30's, so I would love to help others who are going through the same thing!
6. What is your favourite month and why?
I love July! It signals to me the promise of summer and all of the wonderful things that go with it: the beach, reading on the beach, warm weather and sunshine, and vacations! I'm always at my most positive at the beginning of the summer!
7. If you could give advice to someone who just graduated college and is ready for the real world, what would that be?
I would tell them to be positive to attract positivity into your own life. Life as an adult is hard sometimes, and there are many ups and downs, but if you try your best to be positive as much as you can maybe good things will come into your life!
8. What is something that everyone likes and you don't like at all?
The Superbowl- I could care less! And baseball- the Blue Jays are winning and I'm like "meh!". Also, pumpkin spice everything- yuck!
9. What is the last book that you read that you can't stop recommending?
"Accidents of Marriage" by Randy Susan Meyers. I read it and I had a book hangover for DAYS! It was soooooo good!
10. What is something unique about yourself?
I'm the mom to three boys and people often wonder if I wish that I had had at least one girl, but I genuinely didn't- I love being the mom to boys!
11. What is something that you do that you'd like to outsource?
Oh, man, don't get me started! Dishes and making lunches are the bane of my existence, but quite frankly if I had a maid, a personal trainer, and a person chef I would be a very happy girl!
I'm cheating a little bit on this next part by not nominating specific people, however if you would like to answer my questions, either here in my comments or on your personal blog I would love to know your answers! My questions are:
1. What is the last book that made you cry?
2. What is your favourite children's movie?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
5. Choose from the following- what would you rather have: a maid, a personal chef, a personal trainer or a nanny?
6. What is the last book that you've read that you just can't stop recommending?
7. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
8. Where is your favourite place to read?
9. What is your favourite Smartphone app?
10. You've won the lottery- what's the first thing that you buy?
11. You can have any pet you want- what do you choose?
Have fun! I'd love to hear your answers!