Catherine McKenzie, the author of Spin (which I loved!) has recently started the "Author Effect" initiative. Her thoughts: "If a bunch of people can get Betty White to host Saturday Night Live seems like we can make a great book(s) a bestseller.". Participating is simple; purchase one or both of the featured books (right now we're focusing on Jessica Z. and Two Years, No Rain, both by Shawn Klomparens), and see if readers can make an otherwise primarily unnoticed book a bestseller. And to make things even sweeter, just by participating, you can win a Kindle! Here's how to enter:
1. For each purchase of the book(s) you will get five entries - proof of purchase will be photo of book in hand emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or photo/email of receipt
2. For joining the Facebook group or the group on Goodreads you will get one entry
3. For tweeting about project you will get one entry
4. For blogging about project you will get two entries
5. For each friend you get to join Facebook group or purchase the books you will get one entry - they can email me at email@example.com or message me on FB or Twitter to tell me who they have gotten to join or purchase books.
Anyone can participate, and the draw will be on August 15th, 2010.
Here's Catherine discussing this initiative in more detail on "Focus Montreal". She discusses it at 17:37 into the video: